Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS:Summative Assignment: Critique Of Research Article
Your assignment woes ends here!
Summative Assignment: Critique Of Research Article
A research critique demonstrates your ability to critically read an investigative study. For this assignment, choose a research article related to nursing.
- Articles used for this assignment cannot be used for the other assignments (students should find new research articles for each new assignment).
- The selected articles should be original research articles. Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review should not be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
- Dissertations should not be used.
Your critique should include the following:
- State the problem clearly as it is presented in the report.
- Have the investigators placed the study problem within the context of existing knowledge?
- Will the study solve a problem relevant to nursing?
- State the purpose of the research.
Review of the Literature
- Identify the concepts explored in the literature review.
- Were the references current? If not, what do you think the reasons are?
- Was there evidence of reflexivity in the design (qualitative)?
- Are the theoretical concepts defined and related to the research?
- Does the research draw solely on nursing theory or does it draw on theory from other disciplines?
- Is a theoretical framework stated in this research piece?
- If not, suggest one that might be suitable for the study.
- What are the independent and dependent variables in this study?
- Are the operational definitions of the variables given? If so, are they concrete and measurable?
- Is the research question or the hypothesis stated? What is it?
Conceptual Underpinnings, Research Questions (Qualitative)
- Are key concepts defined conceptually?
- Is the philoosoophical basis, underlying tradition, conoceptual framework, or ideological orientation made explicit and is it appropriate for the problem?
- Are research questions explicitly stated? Are the questions consistent with the study’s philosophical basis, underlying tradition, conceptual framework, or ideological orientation?
- What type of design (quantitative, qualitative, and type) was used in this study?
- Was inductive or deductive reasoning used in this study?
- State the sample size and study population, sampling method, and study setting.
- Did the investigator choose a probability or non-probability sample?
- State the type of reliability and the validity of the measurement tools (quantitative only)
Qualitative studies (answer the following questions in addition to those above except the last bulleted item)
- Were the methods of gathering data appropriate?
- Were data gathered through two or more methods to achieve triangulation?
- Did the researcher ask the right questions or make the right observations and were they recorded in an appropriate fashion?
- Was a sufficient amount of data gathered?
- Was the data of sufficient depth and richness?
Were ethical considerations addressed? Were appropriate procedures used to safeguard the rights of study participants?
- What data analysis tool was used?
- Was saturation achieved? (qualitative)
- How were the results presented in the study?
- Were the data management (e.g., coding) and data analysis methods sufficiently described? (qualitative)
- Identify at least one (1) finding.
Summary/Conclusions, Implications, and Recommendations
- Do the themes adequately capture the meaning of the data?
- Did the analysis yield an insightful, provocative and meaningful picture of the phenomenon under investigation?
- Were methods used to enhance the trustworthiness of the data (and analysis) and was the description of those methods adequate?
- Are there clear explanation of the boundaries/limitations, thick description, audit trail?
- What are the strengths and limitations of the study?
- In terms of the findings, can the researcher generalize to other populations? Explain.
- Evaluate the findings and conclusions as to their significance for nursing (both qualitative and quantitative).
( Pay close attention to the questions that pertain to your type of study chosen to critique. Only one study is critiqued; you choose, either quantitative OR qualitative original nursing research studies (no mixed studies, no literature reviews, no dissertations), published within the last 5 years. If you forget what a term means, consult the glossary of your textbook and consult the index of your textbook to help you determine whether the finding is a strength or weakness/limitation. If you have any questions, you may also contact me for clarification. I also recommend verification of research report articles to be certain you have an appropriate study. The Librarian or I can verify it is a study that is original or primary single nursing research. For a video on searching: Searching EBSCO Host ).
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS
Your assignment woes ends here!
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Order Now ” on the main Menu and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the “PAPER INFORMATION” section and the system will calculate your order price/cost.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
100% Reliable Site. Make this your Home of Academic Papers.
Always Order High-Quality Academic Papers from HERE
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
SCORE A+ WITH HELP FROM OUR PROFESSIONAL WRITERS: ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT
We will process your orders through multiple stages and checks to ensure that what we are delivering to you, in the end, is something that is precise as you envisioned it. All of our essay writing service products are 100% original, ensuring that there is no plagiarism in them. The sources are well-researched and cited so that it is interesting. Our goal is to help as many students as possible with their assignments, i.e. our prices are affordable and services premium.
Your assignment woes ends here!